Mercy Medical Center - Clinton
Mercy Medical Center - Clinton has roots that run more than a century deep. In 1889, the Agatha Hospital Association was established in south Clinton. A few years later, a young priest and the charitable Sisters of Mercy formed St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in the northern part of the city.
In 1989, the two institutions joined their professional staffs and services to become Samaritan Health System. Then in 1998, Samaritan joined the Mercy Health Network, and in 1999, changed its name to Mercy Medical Center—Clinton.
Today, Mercy is a sole hospital provider serving Clinton and Jackson counties in Iowa, and Carroll and Whiteside counties in Illinois. It operates 341 licensed beds, including 183 long-term care beds and a 23-bed dementia care unit. Services include a radiation oncology center in affiliation with the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, two cardiac catheterization labs, renal dialysis, and a trauma center. Residents also have access to the skill of Mercy’s home health and hospice care, as well as quality equipment and supplies through Mercy Home Medical Equipment.With two main campuses, Mercy – Clinton has a staff of more than 1,000 employees, making it the community’s largest employer. Additionally, Mercy – Clinton manages a community hospital in Morrison, Illinois. Medical staff members represent a variety of specialties, 82 percent of whom are board certified.
To learn more, click here.